How to Install HACS on Home Assistant – OS/Supervised
To run the command, you'll need to install the Terminal & SSH add-on. However, the option is hidden by default, so you'll need to enable it first.
- Select your User Account in the bottom left corner.
- Enable Advanced Mode in the account options.
- Now you can install the Terminal & SSH application. To do so, select Settings in the bottom left corner.
- Select Add-Ons
- Select Add-On Store in the bottom right corner.
- To begin, search for Terminal & SSH and select the Official add-on.
- Select the Install option.
- After completing the installation, click on the Start button located at the bottom left. I recommend enabling "show in sidebar" for easy access.
- After it has started, select Open Web UI in the bottom right OR the Terminal entry that was added to the sidebar.
- Paste the command below in the terminal window.
wget -O - https://get.hacs.xyz | bash -
CTRL+Vnot working for you?
Having issues accessing
https://get.hacs.xyzin the terminal?
- Try it with
- Try it with
- HACS will be downloaded. When it’s done downloading, run the command below to restart Home Assistant.
ha core restart
- After Home Assistant reconnects, select Settings, then Devices & Services.
- In the bottom right corner select add integration.
- Search for HACS and select it.
- If you agree with everything, select all options and then Submit
- Copy the code that Home Assistant provides and then select the link to sign into GitHub.
- Sign in to GitHub, then paste in the code from the previous step.
- Select Authorize HACS.
- Congratulations HACS is now installed! you can choose an area if you like or just press finish.
- You should now see the HACS logo in the sidebar.
If the logo wasn't added to the sidebar preform a hard reset to your browser: